10 Tricky Riddles
I’ve put together a personal variety of riddles challenging all aspects of your mind, how many can you solve?
Here are a collection of riddles that I hope will rattle your brain:
- Two police offers were investigating a mysterious death.
When they arrived at the scene of the crime they found a room with no windows and the dead man who seemed to have hung himself by a rope from the ceiling.
There was no chair or table that the man may have jumped off.
The only clue was a puddle of water on the floor.
How did the man manage to hang himself?
Late one evening, a man and his wife were driving their car at speed down a country road. The car spun of the road and hit a tree.
The man decided to seek help at a garage a few miles away.
He made sure nobody was in the car, rolled all the windows up, and locked all of the doors.
When he returned, his wife was dead, and there someone in the car he had never seen before.
No physical damage was done to the car, it was still locked?
How did the woman die?
Where did the stranger come from?
A man kills his wife. Many people watch him doing so.
Yet no one will ever be able to accuse him of murder. Why?
- If there are three oranges and you take away two, how many will you have?
- What is it that you cannot hold even ten minute, even though it is lighter than a feather?
Part carbon, part water, I am poison to the fishes
Many have falsely claimed my name, for I am the pause that refreshes.
What am I?
The following sentence is false
The preceding sentence is true.
Are these sentences true or false?
I am the beginning of sorrow,
And the end of sickness.
You cannot express happiness without me,
yet I am in the midst of crosses.
I am always in risk,
yet never in danger.
You may find me in the sun,
but I am never out of darkness.
Sabrina gave Samantha as many dollars as Samantha started out with
Samantha then gave Sabrina back as much as Sabrina had left.
Sabrina then gave Samantha as back as many dollars as Samantha had left, which left Sabrina broke and gave
Samantha a total of $80.00.
How much did Sabrina and Samantha have at the beginning of their exchange?
- Though liquid in nature, don’t push me too far; for then I will break, and the damage may scar. What am I?
Hopefully you’ve manage to solve a few, but if not, or if you need reassurance of your answers, I’ve put the answers below:
- He stood on a block of ice until it melted
- The woman was pregnant and died in childbirth, the stranger was the baby
- He’s an executioner, it’s his job
- You have 2 because you took 2
- Your breath
- Soda pop
- Neither, it’s a paradox; if the first sentence is true then the second must be false so the first must be false
- The letter “s”
- Sabrina = $50, Samantha = $30